At Oak, we are proud of our commitment to providing our clients with a first class claims service. Chaucer Insurance, known as a specialist private, classic and motor fleet insurer, work closely with industry specialists, combining in-depth technical expertise with a wide breadth of experience to provide you with pro-active claims management solutions.
In the event of a claim, you will speak to an experienced and dependable team with the skills and knowledge required to manage your claim.
Ask for the names and addresses of any other drivers or pedestrians involved. If there is another driver involved, ask for the name of his or her insurer and for their insurance policy or certificate number.
Please do not ask for help from a solicitor or accountant before you obtain agreement from ARC.
What to do in the event of an accident:
- Do not drive away. You must stop if any person or animal has been hurt or if any vehicle or property has been damaged.
- Ask for the names and addresses of any other drivers or pedestrians. If there is another driver involved, ask for the name of his or her insurer and for their insurance policy or certificate number.
- If the accident damaged another vehicle, property or animal, you must give your name, address, vehicle registration number and show your insurance certificate to anyone who needs it. If anyone other than you is injured, you must show your certificate of motor insurance to the police.
- Write down the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Draw a diagram of the scene. Show as much detail as possible, including:
- the position of all the vehicles before and after the accident
- the speeds and distances
- road names and layout
- where witnesses were standing
- any obstructions to your or other road users’ view
- anything that could be relevant to the accident
- Do not admit you were at fault in any way or offer to make a payment. If any other person does this remember to report it to us.
- If you receive any writ, summons or correspondence from anyone else or their representative, send it to us immediately. You must tell us if there are going to be any police proceedings.
- You need to tell us about any incident involving damage to or loss of your vehicle: please telephone us immediately on 01227 284 774. You should telephone this number even if your policy does not cover the damage.
- Accidents abroad:
- You will be asked to complete a Statement of Fact (Constat Amiable D’Accident Automobile) if you are involved in a road accident within the European Union.
- Before signing, make sure that the boxes are ticked and the comments and diagram are correct.
- You will be given a copy that should be sent to us as soon as possible. This document can be legally binding in certain countries and you should not sign anything you do not understand.
- You must report the accident immediately to us.
- In Spain, you need special cover, known as a bail bond. This bail bond is usually enough to prevent your vehicle being impounded in Spain after an accident.
UK: 01227 284 774
Outside the UK: 00 44 1227 284700
Any correspondence relating to a claim should be sent to:
Chaucer Business Park
Motor legal protection - Call 0334 770 1047
Windscreen and Glass
UK: 0800 587 0808
Please have your certificate of insurance available. If your windscreen or glass is repaired whilst outside the UK, please write to Chaucer Insurance at the address below, with full details of the incident that caused the damage, together with the date, time and location of the incident and the invoice for repair / replacement.
Chaucer Business Park